Following are some of the awards that Sherman Oaks Hospital has received:
The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Heart-Check
mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Emergency Medical Services
Agency, Approved Stroke Center
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Imaging services accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Received recognition as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
facility from the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services.
- IBM Watson Health™ (formerly Truven Health Analytics) named Sherman
Oaks Hospital a 100 Top Hospitals™ in the Nation 3 years in a row
(2016, 2017 and 2018)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award – Healthgrades, 2014 - 2017
2017 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With
The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll.
- Received an A for Hospital Safety by The Leapfrog Group 2013, 2014, 2015
- 2007 Best of the SFV- Healthcare
- Sherman Oaks Hospital has been ranked one of the best hospitals in the
Los Angeles metro area according to the U.S. News & World Report’s
first ever “Best Regional Hospitals” ranking.
- Business of the Year, United Chamber of Commerce, 2002
- Congressional Recognition for outstanding and invaluable Service, 2002
- City & County Commendation and Certificate of Appreciation, 2002
SOH has accreditation from the following organizations:
- The Joint Commission
- Department of Health Services
- College of American Pathology
- Council on Podiatric Medical Education
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize
this hospital for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get With
The Guidelines - Stroke achievement indicators for two or more consecutive
12-month periods and achieve 75% or higher compliance with five of eight
Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Quality measures.
To qualify for the Target: Stroke Honor Roll, hospitals must meet quality
measures developed to reduce the time between the patient's arrival
at the hospital and treatment with the clot-buster tissue plasminogen
activator, or tPA, the only U.S. FDA approved drug to treat ischemic stroke.