Following are some of the awards that Sherman Oaks Hospital has received:
- The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Emergency Medical Services Agency, Approved Stroke Center
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Imaging services accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Received recognition as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics facility from the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services.
- Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) named Sherman Oaks Hospital a 100 Top Hospitals™ in the Nation for 2 years in a row (2016 and 2017)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award – Healthgrades, 2014 - 2017
- 2017 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll.
- Received an A for Hospital Safety by The Leapfrog Group 2013, 2014, 2015
- 2007 Best of the SFV- Healthcare
- Sherman Oaks Hospital has been ranked one of the best hospitals in the Los Angeles metro area according to the U.S. News & World Report’s first ever “Best Regional Hospitals” ranking.
- Business of the Year, United Chamber of Commerce, 2002
- Congressional Recognition for outstanding and invaluable Service, 2002
- City & County Commendation and Certificate of Appreciation, 2002
SOH has accreditation from the following organizations:
- The Joint Commission
- Department of Health Services
- College of American Pathology
- Council on Podiatric Medical Education
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize this hospital for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get With The Guidelines - Stroke achievement indicators for two or more consecutive 12-month periods and acheive 75% or higher compliance with five of eight Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Quality measures.
To qualify for the Target: Stroke Honor Roll, hospitals must meet quality measures developed to reduce the time between the patient's arrival at the hospital and treatment with the clot-buster tissue plasminogen activator, or tPA, the only U.S. FDA approved drug to treat ischemic stroke.